Plastic incontinence pants, also known as "protective pants", provide that extra bit of protection over an absorbent product. These products are designed to contain odour and prevent leaks from seeping through products. The design of plastic pants has improved drastically since the 1960s. There is an advanced selection of plastic pants, as well as improved features and material.
Why Wear Plastic Incontinence Pants?
- They provide excellent security for both urinary and faecal incontinence.
- They are designed from rustle-free PVC, making them discreet and comfortable.
- They provide peace of mind and additional security. Are leakages in the back of your mind, regardless of how heavy your product is? Plastic pants provide you with confidence and peace of mind.
- You won't have to worry about side leakage again. If you find leakage sometimes leak through the side of a product, plastic pants are specially designed to prevent this.
- They have high durability. Waterproof plastic pants are washable and durable, saving you time and money. This allows you to put frequent shopping trips in the past.
- They can protect bedding and clothing. The plastic in the pants is effective in providing a reliable barrier your leaks and your clothes or bedding.
- They are effective at masking smells. Plastic pants are effective at containing odour if you have a leak from your product underneath.
- Some people find plastic pants warm and uncomfortable. To combat discomfort, it is recommended to wear a larger product such as a nappy or pant underneath, rather than a shaped pad on its own. Many people also use talcum powder to alleviate discomfort.
- Some plastic pants require washing in the sink. Whilst some plastic pants can be washed in the washing machine, others should be washed in the sink by hand. This can often be time-consuming and convenient.
- Plastic pants take a while to adapt to. If you are used to cotton-feel material, plastic pants can take several days or weeks to get used to.
- The pants provide less flexibility for some people. As plastic feels very different to cotton and gel, many people find they restrict movement.
How are Plastic Incontinence Pants Worn?
You can wear the following products underneath them:
Popular Plastic Incontinence Pants
The technology that Kanga pants use is called polyurethane coated or laminated nylon. Polyurethane is a flexible, breathable, waterproof material that is soft, fully waterproof and comfortable.
- Provide a snug comfortable seal against the skin
- Designed to be worn over disposable pads/pants
- Ideal for night time usage
- Thin, lightweight material
The soft vinyl eliminates crinkling sounds offering dependable and discreet protection. The pants are designed to stay soft after each wash.
- Elasticated waist
- Standard medical material
- Spill block technology for added protection
- Unique spill-block technology
- Ideal for urinary and faecal incontinence
Our Tip on Plastic Pants
Choose a Design to Suit your Lifestyle
Some products are thicker than others and offer more coverage if needed. Some pants offer wide leg cuts for those people who may need help dressing or removing their incontinent pants. You can also choose a pant in either a short brief design or with longer legs.
Size is Vital for Comfort
Pants that are a little bit too small can become painful quickly. To avoid pants rubbing against the skin, choose a pant in the right size. We recommend ordering a sample first, so you can determine whether the size is ideal for you.
Skin Health is Important
Choosing the right product can be a relief. However, remember to look after your skin. Avoid incontinence-associated dermatitis by using the correct skin cleansing products and incontinence wipes when you change products.
Originally posted 2019-09-23 14:40:16.